Wednesday 28 October 2015

Welcome to my Blog!!!

Hey guys,


Welcome to my music blog! This is going to be the first of many posts that I’ll be putting up and I’m really excited to start sharing my knowledge and experience with all who wish to see it. I’ve been contemplating this idea for a while now and now I’ve decided to pull my finger out and start it up.


Who are you?

My name is Locky, and I’m a singer/songwriter/ guitarist/sound engineer from Melbourne, Australia. I’ve been playing guitar since I was about 8 years old and playing in bands since I was about 14. I went to Box Hill Tafe and got my Bachelor of Applied Music (Audio) in 2009. After that I managed a recording studio called Bear Lock Studios for about 4 years, recording countless acts.

I still record music out of other studios and do a fair amount of live mixing. My main income is as an AV tech in the corporate world, which isn’t as fun but the people are cool and it brings in the cash. I am currently playing for a Modern Rock band called Lazarus Mode (check out www.lazarusmode.com) and for the last year or so I’ve been working on making some money playing acoustic covers live. 

On top of this, I’ve been writing my own music on and off since I’ve started and am looking to start playing some acoustic original music soon… maybe even branch out and form a band. 


What is this?

This is my blog! I’m going to be posting a variety of different types of blog over a heap of different subject matter. Honestly, the structure will probably change a bit over my posts as I get used to this whole blogging world, but hey, that’s part of the fun of it, isn’t it? 


I intend to do tutorials on different techniques I’ve picked up here and there, trying to go as in depth as possible while trying to make it usable for your average Joe. I’ll post some videos on some of these techniques and maybe just some of me showing you what I’m doing with my music. There’ll be walk-throughs of stuff I’ve tried out, stuff I intend to try out and stuff I’ve failed at. There’ll be gear reviews and just blogs about what I did that day, should my content get low.

In terms of subject matter, I plan on trying to cover all the things that take up my time. I’ll be talking guitar playing, singing, songwriting, recording production, mixing and mastering, and all the little bits in between. One part that I’m looking forward to is taking a song from the beginning of the writing process, through the finished product one step at a time, and take you through it in detail.


When will you post?

I’m going to be posting twice a week, every week. Sometimes more if I have too many ideas to share and not enough blogs to share them. There’s no fixed times that I’ll be posting through the week but hopefully they don't get too spaced out. I also encourage you all to comment, share and get involved with this blog. I hope to make this a community and would love to hear your ideas on how I can improve or just tell me if what I’ve written has had any impact on your own creative endeavors. 



Why would you do this?

I’m trying to tell myself that it’s not an egotistical thing (but hey, I’m a muso after all). I’m really trying to move forward as a musician/producer as I feel like I’ve been stuck in a rut for a while. They say the best way to learn is to teach, so by making my experiences and my ideas public, hopefully I can have more experiences and take my ideas a little further than I would have before. 

I would also love to make this a little community and try to get different musos involved in helping each other reach a new potential in their art. I would like to force myself to create more, and hopefully having an audience who’s interested in what I’m creating will give a little extra drive. I, by no means, would call myself an expert in any field and I don’t see myself as a guru at anything I post. I just want to post my experiences and method and hope that you guys find something interesting in what I’ve got to say.



Where can I find you?

I have quite a few different pages that you can follow and they all lead to each other. As with everyone else trying to find their calling on the internet, I’m a part of a plethora of social media pages


Twitter: @LockyBeresford

Instagram: lockyberesford


This Blog: lockyberesford.com 

E-mail: Lockyberesford@gmail.com


How?

Never mind the how! Welcome to my blog. If you like this page, please share it with your friends. If you know pages that I should like or just have a comment, please message on here or e-mail me. I’m always happy to hear from you. 

I hope you all have a good week, you’ll hear from me soon.


- Locky

No comments:

Post a Comment